GOQii in depth review after 1 year of use: OLD GOQii vs NEW GOQii
Keeping track of what we do can significantly improve our health. Self-tracking can actually make us follow a healthier diet, sleep better and exercise more– simply by letting us know the areas we need to improve and if we are actually improving them. Fitness trackers provide this feedback in real time.
Why Fitness Trackers are Required?
- You Don’t Have to Do It Yourself.
- They’re Habit Forming.
- They Motivate.
Fitness trackers are the order of the day, but getting the right tracker is the main concern, there are many unbranded cheap Chinese tracker bands are also available in the market but they don’t last long. If you want something that lasts long, at least, an year then there are many brands available with the higher price tag but again they provide six months to an year warranty and the good quality.
GOQii is one of them, It gives you back what you have spent to buy it in the form of personal coach service. I have not tested many fitness trackers but yes I have used most popular main three known MI band, GOQii, and the Fitbit. Here I will share my experience with GOQii band.back to menu ↑
My Experience with GOQii
The first thing I would like to tell you about GOQii is “GOQii not a band, but It is..” 😀 I mean they are actually service provider, and being service provider they charge you for every single thing. You can’t even use their app without having a GOQii id. You can’t create a GOQii id without purchasing the subscription and this is why you get at least 3 months of FREE subscription with the band so you can create an ID and know how subscription works, and what all services they provide.
If you have paid and made a GOQii id and in future you want to change your email again they will charge you Rs 999 just for a simple email id change(They call it account transfer). Another thing I noticed is I always get marketing messages from the GOQii even after I have DND on my number.
Let’s come to the pros and cons of GOQii, I’m dividing it into four main parts which make GOQii complete:
- Mobile Application
Let’s begin again it
As I said they are service provider so here is my experience with GOQii service.
- You get at least 3 months of FREE GOQii subscription with the device.
- Coach are well trained, qualified and understanding.
- Excellent support over the call and by messages.
- Expensive subscriptions.
They charge for every single thing even for an email change you will have to pay Rs.999
- They send spamming messages even you are on DND.
GOQii Core (Device)
GOQii calls it GOQii core.
- Lightweight(~25gm with strap)
- Comes with a subscriptions-based model.
- Earn karma and donate your Karma Points to your favourite causes
- OLED display with touch support.
- Bundled with the two good quality straps.
- It is the least accurate among all three(Mi band, Fitbit, GOQii) I have used.
- Bulky size(height), yes the size of this band creates the problem at times.
- It really goes crazy, if you go for a shower with it.
GOQii has solved all issues with its old strap and upgraded it nicely, now GOQii ships with this new straps only.
- Now you CAN’T lose it easily(Now it has a good locking mechanism).
- ~25gm weight is same as before(strap and device)
- The design is good and seems durable.
- The strap is the dust magnet.
- The inner side of the strap doesn’t feel good at times as it is not smooth it has some lines for a better grip(Check picture).
GOQii Mobile Application
Based on App Version: 1.2.71 (11-04-2016)
- Chat with Emoji support (You can chat with GOQii friends and coach).
- Connect with many apps like Fitbit, All MapMy Apps, Runkeeper etc.
- You can access all basic GOQii stuff easily.
- In the app, most of the stuff are web-based, which makes app slow.
- No support for most popular apps like myfitnesspal, google fit etc.
- No options to customize the notifications not even calls and sms, if you turn notifications on, GOQii will throw each and every notification happening in your notification pane like poweramp, WhatsApp, facebook, hangout, everything. Your GOQii will go crazy if you have network monitor app installed in your phone.
- Very poor design and UI, I won’t call it a user-friendly interface.
- Sharing doesn’t work, only shows a blank page when try to login. (Connect with FB and twitter)
Download GOQii Application
Download GOQii App for Android
Download GOQii App for iOS
GOQii Band Price List in India June 2017
For the price tag GOQii is a good choice to buy as you get FREE subscription worth equal or more amount with the band but before buying it please do check out the bad things about the device and their services. If you are low on budget and can't afford GOQii subscriptions I would recommend you Mi Band instead. Mi Band comes without display but it is cheaper, lighter, good in built quality and battery lasts at least 30 days, overall I find it better than GOQii if we remove the subscriptions and the display.